Anthony Terrell Smith (Born on March 3rd, 1966), better known by his stage name Tone Lōc, is an American rapper, actor, and producer. Smith is best known for his hits "Wild Thing" and "Funky Cold Medina".Lōc
Smith is known for his deep suave voice, so naturally voice acting would be the next best thing. He has voiced characters for Animation such as King Of The Hill, Bebe's Kids (As Pee Wee), and FernGully: The Last Rainforest (As The Goanna). Another honorable mention for Lōc's voice acting career is the character Fud Wrapper, the host of the animatronic show Food Rocks, which played at Disney Epcot from 1994 to 2004.
With a combination of two solo albums, Lōc also had the track "Ace Is In The House" for the movie Ace Ventura: Pet Detective. He also provided vocals for the song "Rock 'Til You Drop It" by FeFe Dobson in 2003.
As recent as 2016, Lōc has performed with the I Love The 90's Tour, lasting through April to October of 2016.
Personal Life Edit
Smith has 5 sons and 1 daughter.
Legal Issues Edit
In December of 2010, Lōc was arrested on the case of a DUI, and was released on bail. He claimed he had a medical condition that caused a seizure.
June 18th, 2011 was the day that Lōc was arrested for felony possession of an assault weapon (Colt AR-15, restricted by California law) after an issue with the mother of one of his children. Three hours later he posted $50,000 bail and was released. On October 3rd, 2011, he gave a plea of no contest on both charges and was sentenced to one day in county jail, three years probation, 52 weeks of anger management classes and 30 days community service.
Health Problems Edit
Ever since 1995, Tone Lōc has collapsed multiple times on stage during a concert, almost every time due to a seizure.
- May 29th, 2009: Hospitalized for exhaustion after collapsing on stage in Pensacola, Florida. Lōc fell and cut his elbow while on stage, was released the same day.
- October 15th, 2011: Hospitalized for exhaustion during concert in Atlanta, had to be intravenously rehydrated. Similar event happened in 2012.
- March 16th, 2013: Collapsed onstage at Bridge Bash in Des Moines, Iowa, but refused hospital care.
- December 6th, 2013: Collapsed onstage in San Francisco, California.
- November 26th, 2016: Collapsed during a performance in Sioux Falls, South Dakota, but later returned to the stage.