|I'm Goin' Out Lika Soldier|
Studio album by Willie D
September 15, 1992
August 1991 - June 1992
Track Design Studios
|Willie D chronology|
Play Witcha Mama (1994)
I'm Goin' Out Lika Soldier is the second studio album by American rapper Willie D, released in September 15, 1992 through Rap-A-Lot Records with distribution by Priority Records. Recording sessions took place at Track Design Studios and Ultimate Sound Studios in Houston from August 1991 to June 1992. Production on the album was handled by Crazy C, Roland, John Bido, Goldfinger and Willie D. It includes guest appearances by Icy Hott, Sho, Klondike Kat and Rasir X. The album was released after Willie D had a falling out with the Geto Boys and refers the incident on the album in the following lyric "I left Charlie Brown on the cut, cause i felt like Snoopy, workin' for Peanuts", referring to his feelings of not being properly compensated for his work as an artist.
The album peaked at #88 on the Billboard 200 and at #27 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums in the United States. Its lead single "Clean Up Man" made it to #51 on the Hot R&B/Hot Rap Songs and to #6 on the Hot Rap Songs.
Track listing[edit | edit source]
|1.||"Profile of a Criminal"||-||1:54|
|2.||"I'm Goin' Out Lika Soldier"||Willie D||4:13|
|3.||"Pass da Piote'"||Willie D, Icy Hott, Klondike Kat, Rasir X, Sho||3:47|
|5.||"Clean Up Man"||Willie D||5:15|
|6.||"U Ain't No Ganksta"||Willie D||3:26|
|7.||"Trenchcoats - n - Ganksta Hats"||Willie D||6:04|
|8.||"Rodney K."||Willie D||3:50|
|10.||"Go Back 2 School"||Willie D||2:33|
|11.||"U Still a Aggin"||Willie D||4:35|
|12.||"Little Hooker"||Willie D||4:27|
|13.||"Yo P My D"||Willie D||5:45|
|15.||"What's Up Aggin"||Willie D||3:04|
|16.||"My Alibi"||Willie D||2:51|
- Track 1 features dialogue performed by Dave Summers.
- Track 5 features backing vocals performed by Jhiame, and dialogue performed by DJ Blaster and Mona Lisa.
- Track 9 features dialogue performed by Jay Lamonte.
- Track 11 features backing vocals performed by K-Rino.
- Track 14 features dialogue performed by Dave Summers.
Samples[edit | edit source]
i'm Goin' Out Lika Soldier
- "Motor Booty Affair" by Parliament
Pass da Piote
- "Blues Dance Raid" by Steel Pulse
- "Good Old Music" by Funkadelic
Clean Up Man
- "Clean Up Woman" by Betty Wright
U Ain't No Ganksta
- "Gangster Boogie" by Chicago Gangsters
- "Going Down Slow" by Aretha Franklin
- "Give It Up of Turnit a Loose (Remix)" by James Brown
- "Mack's Stroll (The Getaway)" by Willie Hutch
- "Get Me Back on Time, Engine #9" by Wilson Pickett
- "Gangsta, Gangsta" by N.W.A.
U Still a Aggin
- "River Niger" by Sly Dunbar
- "Homie Don't Play That" by Geto Boys
- "Nappy Dugout" by Ice Cube
- "The Breakdown, Pt. 1" by Rufus Thomas
Yo P My D
- "Material Girl" by Madonna
- "It's a New Day" by James Brown
- "My Adidas" by Run-D.M.C.
What's Up Aggin
- "Suicide Solution" by Ozzy Osbourne
- "Kissing My Love" by Bill Withers
- "Stop the Rain" by Average White Band