Studio album by Casual
1 February 1994
July 1992 - February 1993
Hyde Street Studios
Fear Itself is the debut album by American hip hop artist Casual, released in 1994 on Jive Records. After high profile appearances on albums by fellow Hieroglyphics members Del the Funky Homosapien and Souls of Mischief, Casual's debut album was released during a time when Hieroglyphics was releasing both critically and commercially successful album. Fear Itself is produced entirely by Hieroglyphics members Casual, Del, Domino and Jay-Biz.
The album peaked at #108 on the Billboard 200, and #22 on the Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums charts. Despite the album receiving critical acclaim and moderate sales, Casual was dropped from Jive Records alongside Souls of Mischief. Casual's subsequent albums have received lackluster sales and an absence of positive reviews.
|4.||"Get Off It"||Casual||Owens||Casual||3:14|
|5.||"That's How It Is"||Casual||Jones, Owens||Del||2:57|
|7.||"Follow the Funk"||Casual||Owens, Siguenza||Domino||3:55|
|8.||"Who's It On"||Casual, Pep Love, Del the Funky Homosapien||Jones, Owens, Peacock, Siguenza||Domino||3:56|
|9.||"I Didn't Mean To"||Casual||Owens||Casual||3:39|
|10.||"We Got It Like That"||Casual||Owens, Siguenza||Domino||3:11|
|11.||"A Little Something"||Casual, Del the Funky Homosapien||Jones, Owens||Casual||1:21|
|12.||"This Is How We Rip Shit"||Casual||Owens, Suarez||Jay-Biz||3:36|
|13.||"Lose in the End"||Casual||Owens, Siguenza||Domino||3:45|
|14.||"Thoughts of the Thoughtful"||Casual||Owens, Siguenza||Domino||2:56|
|16.||"Be Thousand"||Casual||Owens, Siguenza||Domino||2:58|
- Track 1 features additional vocals performed by A-Plus.
- Track 2 features scratches performed by Touré.
- Track 4 features scratches performed by Touré.
- Track 5 features scratches performed by Touré.
- Track 6 features additional vocals performed by Pep Love.
- Track 12 features additional vocals performed by Extra Prolific and A-Plus.
- Track 15 features additional vocals performed by Phesto.
- Track 16 features additional vocals performed by Tajai and Extra Prolific.
- "Shining Symbol" by Roy Ayers Ubiquity
- "Hunk O' Funk" by Brother Jack McDuff
- "Cold Duck Time" by Eddie Harris and Les McCann
- "Straight Life" by Freddie Hubbard
- "1-900 L.L. Cool J" by LL Cool J
- "Rural Still Life #26" by Tom Scott
- "Big Sur Suite" by Johnny Hammond
Get Off It
- "Mr. Clean" by Freddie Hubbard
- "Fire and Rain" by Phil Upchurch
That's How It Is
- "Top Billin'" by Audio Two
- "Don't Play That Song (You Lied)" by Ben E. King
- "Born Under a Bad Sign" by Booker T. & the M.G.'s
- "I'm Glad You're Mine" by Al Green
- "Prelude to Afternoon of a Faun" by Deodato
Follow the Funk
- "Hard Times" by Curtis Mayfield
- "River's Invitation" by Freddie Robinson
- "Give Me Some of Good Old Love" by Willie Hutch
Who's It On
- "Upon This Rock" by Joe Farrell
- "Tragic Magic" by Nathan Davis
I Didn't Mean To
- "Diamonds on My Windshield" by Tom Waits
- "Blowin' With the Wind" by Kool & the Gang
We Got It Like That
- "Mud Wind" by Southside Movement
- "Fire Eater (Album Version)" by Rusty Bryant
A Little Something
- "Playin' in the Yard" by Sonny Rollins
Lose in the End
- "Buzzard Feathers" by Compost
- "Kojak" by John Gregory and His Orchestra
- "Chicken Heads" by Black Heat
Thoughts of the Thoughtful
- "The Team" by Joe Hicks
- "Celestial Blues" by Gary Bartz
- "Brawling Broads" by Roy Ayers
- "Walk Into the Sun (Remix)" by Organized Konfusion